Monday, January 31, 2011

Gary Gaffner '57 commentary on blogging

Gary Gaffner '57 offered this reminder that blogging isn't as easy as some people claim.  I think it is a bit like riding a bicycle -- quite challenging the first time, but it gets easier.  I enjoyed Gary's sense of humor about it, and I wanted to share his comments on the changes in the world of technology. 
Clay

Hi Clay,

     I'm not very adept at all things digital and can't even figure out how to make an entry to a simple Blog.  To think....when I retired from Boeing I was the Corporate Chief of Computer Sciences, and our smallest computer - - two CDC-6600's wired up end-to-end, would more than fill the "big room" at 4503. 

    Now you stuff that much computing power in your shirt pocket, every time you leave the office.  But I still can't enter a Blog.  I saw the Hal Moldstad  (12/20/10)  posting and just felt inclined to say Hi to Hal and Donna, but tried it and found it wasn't that easy.

    Or, maybe simple things are just getting harder for me to figure out...or both.

    Clay - Could you help an old man cope with the world, and somehow enter the Blog I filled in below, in the right place.  I'm afraid the ice cream cone I've had for Hal in my old silver trunk for better than 50 years isn't gonna last much longer.  Thank You, sir.

                                          Best to you,

                                                                Gary

Perge'

No comments:

Post a Comment